The Intellectual Property Law Clinic provides, free of charge, the following services:
- Client Counseling regarding Patents and Trademarks
- Patentability/Registerability Searches
- Patent/Trademark Application Drafting
- Responses to USPTO Office Action Rejections
- USPTO Examiner Interviews
- Clients are selected based on financial need, matching of technology background with student and faculty members, potential of the technology, and potential to create jobs in Northern California.
- The Clinic is strategically located to facilitate interaction with the USPTO satellite office in Silicon Valley.
Submit a Form for IP Clinic Services
- To apply for services, the Clinic accepts applications for review only during the months of May-June. If an application is submitted outside of the window of review (outside of May-June time period), it will not be processed. The deadline for applying for services (for the following academic year) is the last day of June every year. During the month of July, all submitted applications are reviewed. The Clinic will indicate by the end of July whether your application was placed in the queue for services for the following semester.
- You can submit an applicaton form to be reviewed HERE